Since 1983, the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania has achieved the following results.
- Created 18,056 new jobs
- Retained 31,840 existing jobs
- Started 511 new companies
- Developed 1,733 new products and processes
- BFTP/NEP has assisted 3,107 companies
- Client companies raised $1.5 billion in follow-on funding from other investors
The Pennsylvania Economy League, a nonpartisan research organization, conducted an independent evaluation of the economic impact of Ben Franklin statewide from 2007 through 2011. The results determined that the Ben Franklin Technology Partners has generated more than $502 million in additional Pennsylvania tax revenues.
That represents a 3.6-to-1 payback on the Commonwealth’s investment. The Ben Franklin program boosted PA’s economy by $6.6 billion (increase in gross state product) and produced a total of 20,200 jobs in that five-year period.