Economic growth, job creation, successful innovation.
Since our start in 1983, the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania has:
- Created 20,688 new jobs
- Retained 56,268 existing jobs
- Started 535 new companies
- Developed 2,456 new products and processes
Since 2007 alone, BFTP/NEP has supported 4,500 companies and helped clients raise more than 1.715 billion in follow-on funding from other investors.
Significant Statewide Economic Impact
The Pennsylvania Economy League, a nonpartisan research organization, conducted an independent, objective evaluation of the economic impact of the Ben Franklin Technology Partners (BFTP) in Pennsylvania from 2012 through 2016. The results determined that BFTP has:
- Generated $3.90 of additional state tax revenue for every $1.00 invested in the program, with more than $502 million in additional state tax revenues
- Boosted the PA economy by $4.1 billion (increase in gross state product)
- Produced a total of 11,407 jobs
- Jobs created by BFTP clients pay an average of $79,364 annually, which is 52% more than the average non-farm wage in Pennsylvania.
BFTP has produced the following statewide cumulative results since 1989:
- Boosted the Pennsylvania economy by $25 billion
- Generated 54,000 jobs in client firms